Healthcare Learning System Info (Online Learning)
What is the HLS?
The Healthcare Learning System, or HLS, is a robust Learning Management System that hosts the Centricity Computer-Based Training modules (CBTs). Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, your staff can train on Centricity using any PC connected to the internet. CBT completion reports can be performed by staff, once reporting access has been created by HLS Support (more details in the HLS reporting section below).
Additional features of the HLS:
- New staff can begin training immediately
- Existing staff can refresh knowledge on an entire function (course) or an individual topic within a function (CBT lesson).
- Cost effective compared to on-site training
- Courses/CBTs are automatically updated as new features or substantial changes are made
- CBTs can be revisited at any time
- No limit to how many staff members can train
- Training can begin without having to install servers and/or CPS product
Click on each image for a screen capture of the HLS:
|HLS Landing page after logging in
Online Learning (Computer-Based Training)
Our online learning is comprised of Computer-Based Training lessons, or CBTs, which are grouped by courses, or they can be taken individually. CBTs are offered as libraries, such as CPS Chart and Practice Management.
New and customers upgrading through GE who purchased a CBT subscription will receive HLS access and the CBT libraries from their Project Manager. Self-upgrading customers can purchase a CPS PM and/or CPS Chart library by contacting Inside Sales. A free library is available, which includes access to our Ancillary and upgrade courses, but not the full CPS PM or CPS Chart courses. This free library can be accessed by completing the online form. More information about what is included with the Ancillary courses is in the Subscription and free access section below.
A designated individual from an organization will receive the Redemption Code to access the HLS, along with instructions for how to provide staff access. This HLS Manager should be responsible for staff education. Once the HLS Manager receives the Redemption Code, they then forward it and the HLS link (https://hls.gehealthcare.com) to the rest of the organization and begin taking CBTs immediately.
If your organization currently has access to the HLS, but does not have a CBT library available, your organization can purchase a library subscription by contacting Inside Sales.
CBT libraries available
The following CBT libraries are currently available on the HLS:
- CPS 12 PM and Chart (available by paid 3-month or 12-month subscription)
- CPS 12.2 PM and Chart Upgrade CBTs
- Centricity EMR 9.10 Upgrade CBT
- CPS 12 Chart Upgrade CBTs - These 20 new CBTs cover new functionality of CPS 12 Chart (related to EMR (Chart) module), and include an additional CBT on User Interface changes within the Chart module. The focus is on Meaningful Use workflows. These CBTs have been added to all existing libraries. If you need access to these CBTs, but your organization does not have access to the HLS, please complete the online form to request this access.
- Centricity EMR 9.8 Upgrade CBTs - These 20 new CBTs cover new functionality of the EMR product and focus on Meaningful Use workflows. These CBTs have been added to all existing libraries. If you need access to these CBTs, but your organization does not have access to the HLS, please complete the online form to request this access.
- A/R Accelerator Front and Back Office (available by paid 3-month or 12-month subscription) - Nearly two hours of functionality is covered between the Front and Back Office libraries that quickly orient staff so they can make full use of the product to improve accounts receivable.
CPS PM and Chart CBTs are organized in the following courses:
|CPS Practice Management||CPS Chart|
|Scheduling - 20 CBTs||Desktop - 9 CBTs|
|Patient Registration - 14 CBTs||Patient Chart Introduction - 1 CBT|
|Billing - 20 CBTs||Updating Patient Chart - 11 CBTs|
|Payment Entry - 9 CBTs||Advanced Patient Chart - 8 CBTs|
|Reports - 5 CBTs||Document Maintenance - 1 CBT|
|Collections - 4 CBTs||Administration - 3 CBTs|
|AR - 1 CBT|
|EDI Submission - 3 CBTs|
|EDI Response - 1 CBT|
|Charge Management - 2 CBTs|
|Trans Management - 3 CBTs|
|Balance Forward - 1 CBT|
|Financial Dashboard - 1 CBT|
|Administration - 16 CBTs|
|Task Management - 1 CBT|
|Account Summary - 1 CBT|
A/R Accelerator Front and Back Office CBTs are organized in the following courses:
|Front Office||Back Office|
|Patient Intake - 13 CBTs||Advanced Claim Edits- 1 CBT|
|Eligibility Verification Accelerator - 1 CBT||Remittance Processing Accelerator - 6 CBTs|
|Task Management Accelerator - 10 CBTs|
|Reflect Share - 1 CBT|
Our CBT Library Guides provide a detailed list of each individual CBT within a course. Our Role-Based Guides provide a listing of recommended CBTs for each function of the practice using Centricity. Click here to review our guides.
Subscriptions and free access
Access to the CPS 12 full libraries and the A/R Accelerator Front and Back Office libraries are available via subscription. You may purchase a subscription by contacting your GE Inside Sales representative. We offer a free library to existing customers which includes the CPS 12 Chart Upgrade CBTs, the Centricity EMR 9.8 Upgrade CBTs and our ancillary CBTs, which includes the following:
- Centricity Analytics Overview-Introduction
- Centricity EDI Clearinghouse
- Data Import Tool
- Remittance Setup and Processing
- Eligibility Setup and Processing
Click here to request this free access.
Demonstration of the CBTs - Take a look at a couple of the newest CBTs
Requirements: speakers turned on, and pop up blockers deactivated.
EMR 9.8 Upgrade CBT - EMR 9.8: What's New CBT Library Guide
CPS 12 PM CBT - CPS 12 PM CBT Library Guide